If you are looking for something to do with your family before our second lockdown arrives (December 26th), look no further!
Christmas is fast approaching and finding COVID-friendly activities are getting harder as the colder weather sets in. Here is a list of things that you can do before our shutdown:
- Go skating – there are plenty of places you can go skating with your family. Lansdowne has public skating at TD Place (available by appointment only), the Rideau Canal and Rideau Skating Rink (available by appointment only). Remember to wear your mask and come prepared to fill out COVID-19 waivers. NOTE: Availability may change with the lockdown.
- Tour the downtown core walking through the Christmas lights found on Confederation Boulevard, embassies, businesses, museums and other important sites. If walking past Parliament, you can also check out Entre Les Rangs until January 7th. A unique set up meant to represent a sensory experience in an urban field. More information can be found here.
Drive through the Christmas Lights
- Until December 23rd, visit Saunders Farm for a A Country Christmas Nighttime Drive-Through Experience 2020.
- Until December 26th, visit Wesley Clover Park for a drive-thru adventure through Magic of Lights.
- Visit Enchanted Ottawa to tour their Christmas light path from the comfort of your car.
- Located at 18 Cypress Garden in Stittsville, you can visit Ottawa’s own Griswold House, also seen in ‘National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation’.
- Until January 4th, visit the CHEO Trees of Hope virtually. Here you can make donations, bid on the Silent Auction and virtually ‘walk’ through the forest of 30 trees located in the Château Laurier.
- Until January 7th, watch the Christmas Lights Across Canada, IllumiNATION. Despite the traditional projection at Parliament not occurring this year due to COVID, watching this video will still get you in the Christmas spirit.
- Until January 3rd, you can watch virtual shows at The Met with shows occurring daily.
- Watch the Twelve Days of Christmas presented by Music & Beyond via Youtube. Available until December 24th, free of charge you can enjoy the beautiful sound of music within your own home.